Thursday, September 27, 2012

Drummer Boy of Shiloh

"Drummer Boy of Shiloh" by Ray Bradbury
is about this boy Joby that has a drum and two sticks and just bamgs in the drum during the battle. Joby has no confidence in himself and feels unwanted to the battle, but the general talked to him and gave encouragement.
Joby has no confidence in himself and feels unwanted to the battle. He feels like he has no shield because he has a drum and two sticks that he have to control. I know how Joby feels everytime I have a upcoming test or dance performance I have no confidence in myself. I always take a deep breath before I do something and hope for the best.
Joby feels unwanted to the battle, he feel like he dosen't do anything for the battle or the soldiers. Joby felt blue until the General came along and started talking to him about how he is wanted during the battle. "You are the heartbeat of the battle" meaning the way he bangs his drum it sounds like a heart beat, and he started encourging him saying that he is needed and wanted. Everytime I sign up for something I get the feeling that im not wanted in things, and also needed but people encourage me to do what I gotta do and that I am needed.
Joby now knowa that he is needed and is confident in himself now. In my prespective im going through the same thing is Joby but you just need some people to encourge you and talk you.

No comments:

Post a Comment